Service Coordinator Position Available
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in a related health, human service, or education field
- Knowledge of infant and toddler development is essential.
- Must possess superior organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual speaker preferred.
- Good people skills are required.
Join Our Team
- Position – Registered Behavior Technician
- Position – Behavior Specialist
- Position – Service Coordinator
- Position – Program Director
- Position – Clinical Psychologist
- Position – OT
- Position – PT
- Position – SLP
- Position – BCBA
- Position – Special Education Teacher
- EI Career Guide
- Apply Now
- Practitioners Forms
As used in Part C of IDEA, service coordination services mean services provided by a service coordinator to assist and enable an infant or toddler with a disability and the child’s family to receive the services and rights, including procedural safeguards, required under Part C of IDEA.
Each infant or toddler with a disability and the child’s family must be provided with one service coordinator who is responsible for:
- Coordinating the provision of early intervention services and other services, such as educational, social, and medical services that are not provided for diagnostic or evaluative purposes, that the child needs or
- Coordinating all services required under Part C of IDEA across agency lines; and
- Assisting parents of infants and toddlers with disabilities in obtaining access to needed early intervention services and other services identified in the IFSP, including making referrals to providers for needed services and scheduling appointments for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families;
- Coordinating evaluations and assessments;
- Facilitating and participating in the development, review, and evaluation of IFSPs;
- Conducting referral and other activities to assist families in identifying available EIS providers;
- Coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring the delivery of services required under Part C of IDEA to ensure that the services are provided in a timely manner;
- Conducting follow-up activities to determine that appropriate Part C services are being provided;
- Informing families of their rights and procedural safeguards, as set forth in these policies and procedures and related resources;
- Coordinating the funding sources for services required under this Part C of IDEA; and
- Facilitating the development of a transition plan to preschool, school, or, if appropriate, to other services.
Position located on Staten Island